Our client is presenting an opportunity to join a fast paced, dynamic and growing business. The successful applicant will play a key role in the Estimating team, as a Project Estimator supporting both Construction and Fitout tenders.
The role will include but not be limited to:
• Assessing the type of tender, client and closing date to determine prioritising of all tenders.
• Liaising with clients, sub-contractors, and suppliers at all levels to ensure projects are efficiently costed and managed, achieving company sales targets.
• Preparing cost budgets and cost estimates for new contracts.
• Carrying out take offs and producing Bills of Quantities to prepare tenders for submission.
• Site visits to undertake surveys, attend meetings with projects teams as necessary.
• Working closely with the Business Development team, Commercial Director and Quantity Surveyors, supporting the projects team as necessary from a commercial perspective.
• Undertake post tender and post contract discussion and cost considerations to understand learnings for future tenders.
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by your Line Management.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Third level education in a Construction/surveying related course.
• Ability to deal professionally with customers/clients.
• Excellent organisational skills and clear written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong IT skills including Excel and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar Fit Out or Construction Estimating/Quantity Surveying role.
• Ability to read drawings and prepare schedules of work and measured Bills of Quantities.
• A good level of commercial acumen and solid understanding of market rates and profit margins.
• A highly-motivated individual with a willingness and desire to integrate with the rest of the team and the wider business.
• Ability to travel when required to UK for site visits/meetings.
This is a full time permanent role. The role offers a competitive salary and annual leave allowance and includes company pension, cashback healthcare and onsite parking.
Please send your CV if your interested. We'd love to hear from you. If you don't meet the requirments of this particular job, dont hesitate to send your CV and we will try and match your skills with another vacancy.
Looking forward to hearing from you!