Locally owned manufacturing firm recruiting for experienced buyer to join their team in C.Down.
- Support the NPI RFQ process on procurement of value for money components
- Identification of new supply chain sources to maintain competitive supply sources and reduce cost wherever possible
- Raising purchase requisitions and purchase orders on suppliers.
- Progressing/expediting orders with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries.
- Monitoring supplier performance.
- Maintenance of supplier schedules in line with MRP and manufacturing requirements.
- Developing systems within the purchasing department.
- Liasing with suppliers and internal department managers.
- Developing/maintaining current ISO standards.
- Assist Tactical Purchasing in the procurement of direct/indirect materials.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar Buyer/Procurement role
- Experience with using an MRP system
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Excellent communication and IT skills
For a confidential conversation or for more information send your CV through by clicking APPLY NOW