£Negotiable DOE, Plus, excellent benefits plan
Fantastic progression opportunity for a Buyer / Planner seeking a senior role within a market leader and to take up an important role running the purchasing and planner on the fabrication aspect of the business.
Duties here include;
- Ordering and buying variety of steel types
- Pricing and working closely with key suppliers
- Provide adequate stock of goods
- Maintain accurate and timely purchase order management
- Work with vendors to reduce lead times.
- Maintain stock status reports of parts critical to prototype, pilot and production
- Maintain vendor data/purchase order databases/supplier correspondence
- Analyse purchase requisitions/orders for accuracy and conformance
- Assist the organisation in identifying potential cost savings & inventory reduction opportunities
- Build and maintain vendor relationships.
Seeking to speak with applicants who have gained at least 3 years’ experience in purchasing / buying role ideally from within an engineering or manufacturing environment. Additionally, you should possess;
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Sound level of IT literacy across MS Office suite, ideally MRP tools
- Experience in purchasing steel, outsourcing fabrication work is highly desirable
For more information or for a confidential chat about the role, click apply now and we’ll have a chat.