Job Title: Accounts Manager
Reporting To: Managing Director
Salary: c. £22,000
Purpose: Responsible for supporting and improving overall company financial performance and financial performance and decision making through the provision of detailed information and advice.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, formulate the short, medium and long term business strategies for the company and ensure the appropriate transition of these strategies into measurable objectives that provide for meaningful audit of business practice and success.
- Assist the Managing Director with all matters relating to financial planning within the business including cash flow management, reporting on company performance and assessment of profit margins.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process.
- Mange and develop all financial and management analysis and reporting systems and processes.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and detailed P&L accounts including all supporting documentation.
- Regularly monitor all financial transactions including the maintenance of sales and purchasing ledgers, debtor finance and loan accounts and reconcile nominal ledgers and journals.
- Liaise with company auditors and prepare all necessary associated reporting to ensure the timely and efficient conduct of the statutory audit
- Identify and assess cost reduction and profit enhancement opportunities and maximise working capital through operational effectiveness, based on analysis of production and marketing costs and overall company performance.
- Manage the purchasing function in a cost effective manner, ensuring value for money and continual evaluation of suppliers/potential suppliers.
- Manage cash flow and weekly reconciliation of bank accounts including credit control activity.
- Explore and implement options to cost effectively manage the payment of salaries/wages and ensure compliance with PAYE, NIC and all government taxation requirements.
- Establish financial and management information systems to support and inform the Managing Director in relation to financial projections and past performance of the business on a comparative basis.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns in a timely manner.
- Make regular bank lodgements as agreed with Managing Director.
- Review and arrange for insurances, including asset and professional indemnity, and for software licencing of the various packages used within the company.
- Liaise with banks and government departments in the preparation and supply of company financial information.
- Develop, implement and operate systems, policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of accounting information and safe custody of assets, including procedures to detect and eliminate fraud or theft..
- Enure the company operates in compliance with employment, equality and health and safety legislation.
- Advise and assist the Managing Director with policy decisions and major projects.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, associated with this role as determined by the Managing Director.
To discuss this opportunity further please forward a copy of your CV or call 02890 994111 and ask for Mike